Welcome to back to Huntsville High! The course you are enrolled in is Unified Geometry. By the end of the course you will have learned:
1. Tools of Geometry
2. Reasoning and Proof
3. Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
4. Congruent Triangles
5. Relationships within Triangles
6. Polygons and Quadrilaterals
8. Right Triangles Trigonometry
11. Surface Area and Volume
Classroom material (must have DAILY!!!)
1. 3 ring binder w/pockets 2. Loose leaf paper 3. Pencils 4. calculator 5. laptop (charged)
1. Be in your seat with all material ready for class before the tardy bell rings. 2. Begin Bell Assignment when the tardy bell rings. 3. Have homework ready to turn in at the beginning of class. 4. All assignments must be properly labeled 5. No assignment will be accepted that has been done in pen.
1. Absolute respect must be given to the teacher and your classmates. 2. Follow directions the FIRST TIME they are given. 3. Raise your hand and wait to be recognized before speaking. 4. Do not touch without permission A-V equipment, light switch, thermostat, and anything on or in my desk. 5. All HCS and HHS policies will be enforced.
1. Verbal Warning. 2. Phone call to parent or guardian. 3. Office referral.
Each student is allowed 10 unexcused absences per course. Once you have exceeded this number, you will be denied credit for the course. A tardy also counts towards an unexcused absence. 3 unexcused tardies will equal 1 unexcused absence.
Grades will be computed from test, quizzes, and homework. Each test is worth 100 points. There will be at least one test per chapter. There will be 2-3 quizzes per chapter. Homework will be given daily.